Random Posts

Monday, March 8, 2010

New Blog

What happened to the old Blog?! It got hacked!

On Friday, Feb. 5th I made a post then checked it out and discovered it had been hacked and anyone signing in to it was redirected...apparently to a whole bunch of those pay per click sites. I suppose the hacker must have made about a dollar for their efforts.

When I finally figured out how to contact Blogger I received a "no reply" e-mail that essentially told me they can't help and suggesting I delete the old Blog and start a new one. It seems as though quite a few others have had similar problems and similar responses from Blogger. I also discovered that apparently, if you are knowledgeable about such things, Blogger accounts are not terribly difficult to hack into. I suppose the lack of concern and service is because you get what you pay for which in this case is nothing. Maybe if I had been a paying customer the response would have been different; at least I hope so.

I was a little upset, but then considering that my Blog didn't have all that many viewers I guess it was no big deal. After all the whole purpose of the Blog was just to keep me from sitting around McDonald's in the morning with a bunch of other retirees drinking coffee and reminiscing about the old days.

I debated about starting another blog. At first I thought why bother because as far as I know, besides my brother, only about three other people looked at it. But then I thought why not? Like I said, it keeps me out of McDonald's in the morning.

I'm not sure yet what direction I'm going to take with this Blog, but think I'll do something different than I did with the old one. I'm just not sure what yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment