Random Posts

Thursday, March 21, 2013

LSS Engine Experiment


      A while back I was thinking that the best free engine for long games could very well be Critter so I decided to test that theory out on LSS.  The jury is still out on that, but as a further test I wanted to see how engines would perform without opening books, so for several games I decided to open with either 1.h4 or 1…h5. 
      The result of pushing the h-Pawn did not seem to have any drastic consequences; all the games got into positions that resembled “normal” openings except that I had played the superfluous advance of the h-Pawn.  My opening play fared better with White, probably because White can afford to waste a move easier than Black can. 
      Short version: playing 1…h4 or 1…h5 didn’t lead to anything drastic one way or the other.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment