Random Posts

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Real Men Play Chess!

  
  
     When you think about it all that time most of us spend playing chess, a game which frankly, as far as I know, has never helped me in anything, sometimes you have to ask yourself if it isn’t a waste of time. Obviously if you good enough to make a living at it, it’s not a waste of time, but what about the rest of us?
     Of course millions of people spend time and money on hobbies such as collecting things, bowling, golf, photography, you name it and I am sure there must be psychological and emotional benefits from having a hobby. Anyhow, I have this nagging feeling that I should be doing something more productive with my spare time, but so far I haven’t come up with anything, but that’s not what this post is about.
     I came across an amusing site the other day named The Art of Manliness and there was a post listing 45 manly hobbies and guess what? Chess was the first one listed! Maybe I'm not wasting my time as badly as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment