Random Posts

Friday, June 12, 2015

I Played the Stonewall Attack

I've made some posts on the inadequacy of the Stonewall to give white any real attack but on a whim decided to play it recently in an online 15 minute game. Even though I won, my opinion hasn't changed. After Dog Puke left (I call him that because he didn't have the decency to resign; he just disconnected. I don't see the point in doing that...he still lost) I went over the game with Stockfish 6 and was surprised. I had thought I was in complete control; instead, I won a squeaker! I didn't realize what thin ice I would have been treading on if he had played 17...Rh6! Nor did I realize that my 20.c4?? should have lost if he had played 21...exd5!! 

Stonewall Attack at...
Chessdotcom
Wikipedia
Online Chess Lesson - 4-part videos
 

No comments:

Post a Comment