Random Posts

Friday, November 10, 2017

My Friend Elvis

     This is a cat that has been stopping by our back door for years. Too friendly to be feral, she probably has a home somewhere in the neighborhood, but when the weather is nice she spends the day in the woods behind our house. On some days she stops by to get fed and other days she ignores the food...she just wants petted. Yesterday she wasn't hungry and after getting her back and belly rubbed she headed back into the woods. I named her Elvis before I knew she was a girl cat.



2 comments:

  1. What a cute little creature! I used to have a cat stopping by my back door for a long time. Extremely friendly, she let my daughters to play with her for hours, to feed and bathe her. She belonged to a nearby veterinary, but she often preferred our company. She passed away this year, aged 20. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's possible to send a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have developed concern for Elvis' safety after having spotted a coyote in the woods!

    ReplyDelete